Here, have an ukulele-playing corgi.
This is what my April looks like:
• Just took on a large commission due at the end of the month; I’ve got 3 weeks to do the biggest non-personal project I’ve taken on yet, but when it’s done my final month of rent will be paid.
• Catching up/Keeping up with “Somnium Lupus”. The next two pages are in various states of penciling, and will probably both be finished at around the same time. *(My sketching process is much slower than usual since the time off. These things should not be taking this long to get right. I wish I could take another week to just do nothing but low-pressure practice sketches, but. Nothing to do now but soldier on.)
• Plotting out logistics for moving; start packing some things. I will be moving halfway across the country at the end of May, bunking at my parents’ house for a month or two, and then moving north to start over in a new city.
• Having as much sex as possible with my partner of five years, because when our apartment lease expires and we move to opposite ends of the country for many very good reasons, our relationship will become long-distance for dog knows how long.
• Getting my pup to the dog park as often as possible for socialization, to minimize the risk that he’ll start a fight with my parents’ dogs while we’re staying there.
• (Evidently) experiencing paradigm shifts in two fairly major areas of my inner life: my belief system, and my survivor status.
• Turning another year older already, and figuring out what I want to do to celebrate. 26 on the 26th, baby!
going to do Script Frenzy
too, to bang out a rough draft of the SL sequel, but my plate filled up alarmingly fast.
I can’t even see through this thick fog to what May will be like, but it will probably involve a lot of packing, twice the stress level, and three times the “I’ll miss you” sex.